Week 3 (You are ovulating)
Voila! The sperm finally met the egg during the ovulation stage and now you are ready to grow a baby within your womb. At this point, pregnancy test kits will not be able to detect the pregnancy yet as the pregnancy hormone (B-HCG) being detected by the kit is just about to increase after around 2-3 weeks.
About your body
Some early signs of pregnancy that you might experience during the 3rd week of your menstrual cycle include light headedness, nausea, implantation bleeding, soreness of the breasts, and missed periods. You might feel bloated during the third week of your menstrual cycle due to fluctuating hormones. Avoid indulging yourself in unhealthy foods, and start eating more fruits and vegetables. During the third week, the fertilized egg travels through the fallopian tubes where it divides and eventually reach the uterus. The uterine lining starts getting thicker during this stage.
Chances of getting pregnant
Most women are fertile during the first or second day of ovulation stage where the ovaries release the egg. It usually occurs during the initial stage of the third week. There are chances to get pregnant even before the ovulation phase as the sperm is able to survive for a few days within the female body.
Tips about increasing the chance of conceiving
• Consume a well-balanced diet regularly if you are planning to conceive by eating healthy fruits and vegetables. Stop or avoid alcoholic drinks, smoking and other recreational drugs in order to conceive a healthy baby.
• Start losing some weight in order to conceive if you are overweight, because it has a negative impact on your body and you might not conceive due to insulin resistance. However, being underweight along with irregular periods can also reduce your chances of being pregnant or delivering a healthy baby.
• You might feel anxious when you plan on being pregnant. Stress and negative vibes around you can have a negative impact on your overall menstrual cycle. Exercise, acupuncture, yoga, massage, and meditation have a positive impact on the menstrual cycle along with increased chances of conception.
• According to different studies, women who smoke regularly have increased chances of infertility. Smoking leads to increased chances of ectopic pregnancy, miscarriage and other complications.
• Enhance your mineral and vitamin intake which prevents your baby from any defects within the heart, neural tube, limbs and other organs which develop during the first few weeks of pregnancy.