You are just seven weeks away from your due date. At this stage, you will definitely feel discomfort, annoying and tired. It is the start of your third trimester so be relaxed and stay excited to meet your new one. You’ll definitely experience some uncomfortable symptoms like pain, aches, and swelling in different body parts. You are now in the 8th month of your pregnancy so get ready to deliver the baby very soon.
The size of the baby
The size of the baby at this stage resembles a pineapple.
Weight/height of the baby
The weight of the baby at 33rd week is around 1.8-2 kgs i.e. around 4-4.5 pounds. The height of the baby is around 38-43 cms i.e. around 15-17 inches. However, the growth of the baby varies from one baby to another.
About your baby
The baby’s immune system is in the developing stage. At the 33rd week, you’ll see that the baby opens and closes the eyes during the scan. The baby starts turning to coordinate breathing while taking help of swallowing and sucking. The ultrasound will show the movements of the baby, muscle tone, breathing patterns and volume of the amniotic fluid. The baby is preparing in order to enter this world and continues gaining weight and nutrition until the due date approaches.
About your body
Till this week, you’ll experience many changes in your body like enlarged breasts, prominent mid-section, increased amount of blood, increased hair growth and increased heartbeat. However, once you deliver the baby all the changes will return back to normal. You’ll gain a total of around 22- 30 pounds or 10-13kgs till the 33rd week of pregnancy.
The symptoms which you’ll experience during this stage include: back pain, swelling in the feet and ankles, sleep difficulties, shortness of breath, false contractions, heartburn or indigestion.
Do & Don’ts
• Perform light exercises like walking or swimming which will also prevent excess weight gain along with the swelling in feet and ankles.
• Take enough rest to stay comfortable.
• Drink enough water to stay hydrated.
• Take good care of your food intake in order to consume essential nutrients like carbs, proteins, healthy fats, vitamins, and minerals.
• Prepare your hospital bag as the due date is closer now.
• Prepare the nursery for your child.
• Make sure that you plan a safe and sound sleeping space for your baby.
• Learn the different types of anesthetics used during childbirth, their indications, contraindications, and side effects.
• Prepare a birth plan.
• Buy clothes for your baby.
• Clean your room before the arrival of the baby.
Have a look at the tips and checklist mentioned above to enjoy healthy and active pregnancy!