Congratulations, you are finally on the fourth week of your menstrual cycle and most probably you have turned out positive for the pregnancy test.
About your body
The increased levels of pregnancy hormones within the body during the menstrual cycle are the culprit for causing some unusual symptoms if you conceive during this week. Expect some bloating due to high levels of progesterone, mild cramps which might indicate that the baby properly implanted within the uterus wall. However, if you experience severe cramps during the fourth week of your pregnancy then you must definitely visit your healthcare professional.
The symptoms that you might experience during the 4th week of the menstrual cycle including mild cramps, bloating, spotting or light bleeding, mood swings, fatigue, morning sickness, sore breasts along with others.
Chances of getting pregnant
The likelihood of getting pregnant just before your next menstrual cycle is very low. However, it’s better to avoid having sex without precautions because you never know you end up conceiving if you are not planning a baby. The more you move away from ovulation stage, the fewer chances you have for conceiving a baby.
• Do not forget to take your Vitamin D supplements. Vitamin D is essential for healthy bone and teeth, along with it, the consumption of Vitamin D enhances the absorption of Calcium.
• Calculate the due date if you have already conceived and if you are planning to conceive, evaluate your menstrual cycle.
• Avoid smoking, especially secondhand smoke, as it reduces your chances of conceiving a baby. If you have already conceived the baby, avoid smoking and drinking alcohol to avoid any complications of miscarriage or ectopic pregnancy.
• Eat a healthy and balanced diet including essential fats such as omega-3 fatty acids which is important for the baby’s brain and retina. Get omega-3 fatty acids from walnuts, mackerel, sardines, salmon, soya beans, fortified eggs or others.
• Perform light exercises such as swimming which offers amazing cardiovascular benefits for your health. You can also perform aerobic exercises which enhances the oxygen levels within your body leading to improved muscle tone and blood circulation.
• Take your prenatal appointment and visit your doctor when you reach 6-8 weeks of your pregnancy period.