Your baby is seven months old! At this age, they’re becoming good at sitting up, holding objects and any toys he wants. Don’t be surprised if he starts crawling. It’s quite a busy month for your baby. This guide shows what to expect from your 7 months old baby.
Weight and height
At seven months, boys will weigh about 18.3 pounds. Girls will weigh about 17.4 pounds. Also, the average length for boys and girls are about 27.2 and 26.5 inches, respectively.
Your baby may begin to move more independently at this age and might start exploring his environment in unique ways.
Further, his first tooth may arrive soon. Be prepared to help him get through the pain as you continue to encourage his growth. Watch out for these signs:
• He will start biting on his hands and drooling more.
• Expect a rash on his chin but due to excessive saliva.
• Inflamed gums will make him feel uncomfortable and irritable and this can keep him up at night.
Follow these effective ways to help ease teething pain:
• Give him a frozen wet washcloth or toy to bite on to help ease the pain.
• Fill your stock with napkins, and always keep his face and clothes dry.
If you didn’t introduce solid foods when your baby was six months old, you would likely start soon. Don’t forget to introduce new foods slowly to help point potential food allergies. If your 7 month-old is allergic to a particular food, contact your doctor immediately.
Try to consider these foods in addition to breast milk:
• Baby cereals like barley rice, and oats
• Pureed fruits like apples, pears, bananas, and peaches
• Pureed meat like fully cooked pork, beef, and chicken
• Pureed vegetables like well-cooked sweet potatoes, squash, and carrots
Every baby learns and develops at a different rate. But at the end of the 7th month, your baby will likely do the following:
• Stand and move back and forth
• Eat soft finger foods on his own
• Search for an object that drops
Further, your child’s recognition, language, and social skills are at a crucial development stage. Here are some simple and fun activities you can do with your baby:
• Expose your baby to different sounds, and assist him in finding the sources.
• Talk with your seven month-old baby each time you are with him.
• Imitate any sound that he makes, and try to ask your baby to make the same sound.
• Create a picture album of familiar relatives. Next, point to them and call their names to help him learn new words.
Teething might disrupt your baby’s sleep. You may feel like you’re going back to when you first brought your baby home; it is vital to remain patient. Know that he is just uncomfortable and have growing discomfort from those growing teeth. Also, your seven months old might stay awake, or wake up frequently, to learn his newest sitting and crawling abilities.
If your child starts waking up at night, put him to sleep before the expected time.
With his added curiosity, increasing mobility, and ability, he’ll start reaching for everything. Keeping him safe and your thing protected.
Research and do some baby-proofing techniques and strategies. This will help keep your baby safe and make your life more enjoyable and safer.