Growth (3-6 yr)
Your Child At 4 Years 6 Months
At this age, your toddler is old enough to eat, speak, walk, and even dance. There are multiple developments, even at the age of 4 years and 6 months. He already achieved lots of milestones. The teething stage is already done and your kid is now on a solid diet. He is also a pre-schooler and enjoying time with his friends. But the school might also stress him, in which you need to help him cope up.
Weight and height
The height of the female toddler at the age of 4 years and 6 months will be 37 to 42.5 inches. Whereas the height of the male toddler will be 37.5 to 43 inches. The weight of your female toddler will be 28 to 44 pounds and as for the male toddler, it will be 30 to 44 pounds. These are the tentative weights and heights. If you see a noticeable difference, make sure you visit a doctor and ask for advice as soon as possible. Your kid might be facing a deficiency or going through a certain condition. Make sure you routinely visit the doctor to check your toddler’s health.
Your toddler is now going to be 5 years old. He is learning new things every day and having better control of the earlier gained milestones. The pre-schooler will now tell you stories about what happened in his day. He has also figured out a way to portray his emotions, anger, and happiness.
• He can stand properly and on a single leg too
• He knows how to brush his teeth and comb his hair
• He can also use simple tools like scissors
• He now has better motor skills and can get dressed up too
• You will see him draw better pictures and his coloring skills will also get better
Health and nutrition
Your toddler is still growing up and needs nutrients. He has been on a solid diet. He can eat almost everything. Make sure you give him healthy food that is full of nutrients. To help him grow and get stronger, calcium is important for his bones. He will also need proteins and vitamins. Try not to give him too much of the fried or junk food. Make him eat more veggies and proteins.
• Your kid is a pre-schooler now. He is exposed to the outer world, from where he will learn different things. Make sure you give him space to grow and not be the shadow always.
• If you notice something that is not good and may be wrong, do not scold. Talk to him and tell him what is good and what is not. Scolding will only make it worse.
• Now that he is going to school, he might face some stressful events. Help him with that. Tell him its fine if you don’t score the highest.